Kinabalu National Park, about 90 kilometres from Kota Kinabalu, is one of the world's most significant natural environments. The park is home to thousands of types of flora and fauna that are native to the area, and several hundred that are found only in the park. As such, Kinabalu National Park was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2000, the first in Malaysia. While its tourist trails are well-worn, the majority of the park is an unspoilt paradise for rare flora and fauna.
Kinabalu Park, with sprawling 754 kilometer square melting pot of natural wonders larger than Singapore was gazette as the first State Park in Sabah in 1964 and declared Malaysia's first World Heritage Site by UNESCO in December 2000.
Orchids and carnivorous pitcher plants are among the park's most famous plants, although they are rare along the park's most worn tourist trails. However, they are all on display in a botanical walk near park headquarters, where visitors can view some of the area's most beautiful flora.
Poring is named after a species of giant bamboo that grows abundantly in the area. It lies in the eastern boundaries and situated some 40km (25miles) from the Kinabalu Park Headquarters. Poring is about 400m above sea level and is dominated by the lowland forest with huge dipterocarp trees easily seen on the trails.
Poring is known for its hot sulphur spring bath which was first developed by the Japanese during world war II. The hot waters of the spring are piped into open-air baths. Indoor bathtub is also available for those who preferred privacy. At Poring you could experience the breathtaking treetop walk on the 43m tall canopy walkway. Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world is one of the main attractions here.
Desa is a local chain owned by Sabah. This farm is situated along the way to Mesilau Nature Park/Golf Resort. You will be able to see the entrance and a big signboard on the left. It took less than 2 minutes driving on a gravel road to the entrance.
If you visit Kundasang, Sabah, do not skip this beautiful place, Desa Dairy Farm. Desa Dairy Farm is a cow farm owned by the state government of Sabah. This place was so beautiful and charming. Apart from that, you can visit inside the farm to see the cows closer and they too sell fresh milks from their production.
Duration : 8 hours
- 07:30Pick up from your hotel.
- 09:00Take a break.
- 09:15Transfer to Poring Hot Spring.
- 10:30Arrive Poring Hot Spring, enjoy beauty skin hot spring (estimated 1hrs) and canopy walkway bring you back to nature relieve your stress (estimated 30min).
- 12:15Having Lunch at Poring area restaurant.
- 13:00Depart to Kundasang Area.
- 13:45Reach Kundasang area, take short stop for kundasangvege market (for fruits).
- 14:00Depart to Desa Cattle Dairy Farm.
- 15:00Enjoy to feeding sheep drink milk and Cattle grazing wonderful process (own expense).
- 15:30Depart from Desa Cattle Dairy Farm back to Kinabalu Park HQ.
- 16:30Arrive to Kinabalu Park and join a guided walk around the natural park.
- 17:00Depart from Kinabalu Park.
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2018 (tour commencement date).
- Rates Include:
- 1 Lunch
- Entrance fee
- All transfers & tours a states in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Tipping, Travel insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Comfortable Walking Shoes & wearing / Raincoat or Umbrella / Camera / Insect Repellent, own drinking bottle and first aid kit.
- Please inform on-site personnel if want to take photograph wearing traditional Rungus outfit.
- The is a Sit-In-Coach(SIC) basis tour - sharing transportation, you might joint with tourist from different country. Please notify us upon booking if you are looking for private tour,subject to available and surcharge might be applied.
- The pickup time is for reference only, actual time may be vary depends on number of visitors, distance, season, weather and road conditions, should be within 15 minutes.
- Transportation surcharge: Outskirts Area Hotels – RM30 per person; One Borneo Shopping mall - RM15 per person.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.