Weston is named after Arthur J. West, a railway engineer and is known as the west port of North Borneo Railway ending point where the "giant ships and trains" meet. Get to spot the endemic Borneo proboscis monkeys while travelling along the river and appreciate simple lifestyle of local villagers at the same time.Weston is also known for its beautiful sunset splashed with random colors; favored by countless Egrets flying all the way back to their resting place."Whispering with Fireflies", experience a night cruise with glows of fireflies lighting up trees along Weston River which gives you home treasured memories.
Duration : 7.5 hours
Tour for Proboscis Monkey & Fireflies start in the afternoon-pick up around 2pm . Depart Kota Kinabalu and head towards the southern coast of Sabah. Approximately 2 hours journey through breath-taking scenery along the coastal bay. Tour guide will give a short brief to the Guests of what would be experience at the wetlands. Upon arrival, coffee and tea will be served with cakes made by the locals. On board comfortable boat in search of wildlife along the riverbank. Inhabitants can be spotted but highlight will be seeing the proboscis monkeys. Authentic Malaysian Buffet dinner will be served after the first cruise. After dinner, cruise down to the mangrove to witness the emergence of these night fireflies. Along your way back to the base, you will be accompanied by these beetles hovering the mangrove trees like glimmering lights. Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu after tour. Finish around 2100-2130hrs.
MYR 155 NETTBOOK
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2019 (tour commencement date).
- Rates Include:
- Light Refreshment
- Tour Guide
- All transfers & tours states in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Tipping, Travel insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Comfortable Walking Shoes & wearing / Raincoat or Umbrella / Camera / Binocular / Insect Repellent, own drinking bottle and first aid kit.
- Lodge provides limited binoculars for rent.
- The pickup time is for reference only, actual time may be vary depends on number of visitors, distance, season, weather and road conditions, should be within 15 minutes.
- Transportation surcharge: Outskirts Area Hotels – RM30 per person; One Borneo Shopping mall - RM15 per person.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.