North Borneo Railway
TOUR CODE: BKI37
North Borneo Railway is the oldest running steam train in Sabah and Borneo. The nostalgic romance of an old steam train relives memories of a bygone era. Passing through villages and coastal towns, paddy fields, rainforests and plantations of rubber and coffee, a ride on North Borneo Railway is truly a journey of rediscovery into the heart of Borneo.The North Borneo Railway offers passengers an opportunity to experience the bygone era of British North Borneo while transporting passengers along the lifeline of Sabah.
- 08:45Pick-up at hotel lobby, proceed to Tanjung Aru Train Station.
- 09:30Boarding at Tanjung Aru Station - Breakfast is provided.
- 10:00Depart from Tanjung Aru Station for Papar.
- 10:40Stop at Kinarut Town - visit Tien Shi Temple or traditional shops.
- 11:00Depart from Kinarut Station.
- 11:45Arrive in Papar Town - visit local wet market and shops.
- 12:20Re-board train for return journey.
- 12:30Depart from Papar Station for Tanjung Aru.
- 12:40'Tiffin' Lunch onboard.
- 13:40Arrive at Tanjung Aru Station.
MYR 499 NETTBOOK
Rates are based on per person basis & mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2019 (tour commencement date).
- Rates Include:
- Train Ticket
- 1 Continental Breakfast
- 1 Tiffin-Style Lunch
- All transfers & tours as stated in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Tipping, Travel insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Casual Wearing / Comfortable Walking Shoes / Raincoat or Umbrella / Camera / Insect Repellent, Hats, Own drinking bottle and first aid kit.
- The train will runs every Wednesday and Saturday only.
- The pickup time is for reference only, actual time may be vary depends on number of visitors, distance, season, weather and road conditions, should be within 15 minutes.
- Passengers are offered free seating on one of the five colonial-style train carriages.
- Each carriage provides the amenity of a modern unisex washroom.
- Each carriage accommodates 16 passengers, with a total train capacity of 80 passengers.
- Windows remain open throughout the journey to enhance the overall heritage experience.
- High-powered fans line the ceilings to ensure maximum comfort.
- The is a Sit-In-Coach(SIC) basis tour - sharing transportation, you might joint with tourist from different country. Please notify us upon booking if you are looking for private tour, subject to available and surcharge might be applied.
- If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping (option), OR some words of thanks are also welcome.
- Transportation surcharge: Outskirts Area Hotels – RM30 per person; One Borneo Shopping mall - RM15 per person.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.