Selingan island is one of the three islands of the Turtle Island Park, which lies 40 km north of Sandakan. Selingan is the second largest among the clusters of islands and is the main nesting area for green and hawksbill turtles. These areas are protected for conservation and preservation of turtles and other marine animal.
As turtles usually come ashore after dusk, we highly recommend at least, an overnight stay. Selingan Island contains the park's headquarters, a visitor's information centre, accommodation with basic facilities and a turtle hatchery. For protection of the environment and wildlife purposes, only a maximum of 60 visitors can stay overnight at any one time at Selingan Island.
10am. Pick up from respective hotel in Sandakan to jetty & depart from the Jetty with speedboat. It takes about l hour boat ride to Turtle Island. On arrival, go to Reception counter for check-in and get room key. Free leisure, roaming on the beach, sun bathing, swimming or snorkeling in the sea can be done during the day or after lunch.
LUNCH will be served at the cafeteria at 12.30 p.m. There is a Parks Exhibition Hall which opened daily at 6.30pm, Video Show at 7.00 pm. And DINNER will be served at 7.30pm. Standby at the Cafeteria until the announcement from the Parks Ranger inform the sighting of mother turtle coming ashore to lay eggs. Follow the Parks Ranger to the nesting side and witness the egg laying process collecting of eggs and the tagging of the mother turtle. Next is to witness the planting of turtle eggs in the hatchery. If you are lucky, you may witness the baby turtle being released to the sea for the first time.
BREAKFAST at 6.30 a.m in the Cafeteria
Please return your key to the Reception Counter and make sure you take nothing but photograph and leave nothing but foot prints. Depart from Turtle Island at 7.00 am and reach at the jetty at 8.00am
Transfer back to hotel ( Sandakan City Area ) or Sandakan Airport.
|TWIN SHARE||MYR 935BOOK|
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2019 (tour commencement date).
* The tourism tax is RM10 per room per night and is charged to guest who are not Malaysian nationals or permanent residents holding a MyPR card. This tax will be collected upon check out.
* The above tour package is staying in a basic accommodation which is Twin Sharing private room with attached bathroom
* High Season Surcharge RM 200 per person ( Twin Share ) : 01 JULY – 31 AUGUST
For Sandakan City accommodation, please book by your own
CHOOSE YOUR HOTEL CLICK HERE
- Rates Include:
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner
- Entrance fee
- All transfers & tours as stated in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Accommodation (Sandakan City Area), Camera fee, Snorkeling Gear, Tipping, Travel insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Insect Repellent, Rain Coat, Torchlight, Good walking Shoes, Binocular, Camera, Sun Lotion, wear comfortable cotton T-shirt, Personal toiletries, own drinking bottle and first aid kit.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.