Mabul + Kapalai Day Trip
TOUR CODE: TWU08
Semporna was founded soon after the British North Borneo Chartered Company established Sandakan, and initially settled by Chinese traders, most fleeing from Spanish attacks on the Sulu Sultanate. Before being named “Semporna”, this area was known as “Tong Talun” in Bajau language which means “Hujung Hutan” in Malay or “at the end of the forest” in English.Panglima Uddang, Panglima Sallehangni and Panglima Sakti of Bajaus Kubangancestry were responsible for this name. The name gradually evolved to “Semporna” (known as “Peaceful Place”) over time.Semporna is also known for the Regatta Lepa traditional boat races which occur annually in April. Semporna was also the location of the finish line of Eco-Challenge: Borneo, held in 2000.
Off the coast is a marine park called Tun Sakaran Marine Park, also known as Semporna Islands Park. It was gazetted by Sabah Parks in 2004. Semporna is the gateway to diving in world-renowned island paradises like Sipadan, Mabul, Kapalai, Mataking, Sibuan, Mantabuan, Siamil and Pom Pom among others. Visitors to Semporna are mainly sunseekers looking for relaxation or water sports activities such as scuba diving or snorkelling.
Mabul is a small island off the south-eastern coast of Sabah in Malaysia. The island has been a fishing village since the 1970s. In the 1990s, it first became popular to divers due to its proximity to Sipadan island. Located 15 km from Sipadan, this 20-hectare piece of land surfaces 2–3 metres above sea level, consists mostly flat grounds and aerial view is oval-shaped. Surrounding it are sandy beaches, perched on the northwest corner of a larger two-square-kilometre reef. Mabul island is administered as a part of Semporna, Tawau district.
Kapalai Island in Sabah, Malaysia is actually a large sandbar with a scenic resort built on stilts over the shallow crystal waters of the lagoon. It lies about 15 minutes by speedboat from the renowned Sipadan Island.
Duration : 7 hours
07:45 Hours - Meet at Semporna Town Hotel.
08:30 Hours - Register at the Semporna Office and gear up for an hour boat ride to Kapalai Island. Upon arrival (ETA 09:30 hours enjoy the 1st Snorkelling session and take a memorable picture surrounding Kapalai.
11:00 Hours - Freshen up, having lunch. Free at leisure.
14:00 Hours - Depart to Mabul Island (ETA 14:30 hours) for the 2nd Snorkelling session. Free at leisure.
17:00 Hours - Arrive back to Semporna.
MYR 180 NETTBOOK
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 March 2019 (tour commencement date).
- Rates Include:
- Return boat transfer from Semporna Jetty to the Destination.
- Snorkeling Equipment with Snorkeling Guide.
- Packed Lunch.
- Semporna Jetty Fee.
- Conservation Fee.
- Sabah Park Entrance Fee.
- Rates exclude:
- Travel Insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Swim Wear
- Change of Clothes
- Waterproof Camera
- Own Drinking Bottle
- First Aid Kit
- Extra fees will be charge on the spot in case of losing life jacket (RM100) and snorkeling mask (RM150).
- The is a Sit-In-Coach(SIC) basis tour - sharing transportation, you might joint with tourist from different country. Please notify us upon booking if you are looking for private tour,subject to available and surcharge might be applied.
- The pickup time is for reference only, actual time may be vary depends on number of visitors, distance, season, weather and road conditions, should be within 15 minutes.
- Transportation surcharge : Outskirts Area Hotels / Homestay – RM30 per person.
- If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping (option), OR some words of thanks are also welcome.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.