2D1N Traditional Iban Longhouse Safari
TOUR CODE: KCH17
0815 hrs - Pick up from your hotel and proceed for the Lemanak River Iban Longhouse Safari. The whole journey will takes about 4 hours. Enroute, stop at Serian Town to visit the native market and also to buy some souvenirs such as foodstuffs for the folk of the longhouse we are going to visit. Lunch will be at the Lachau rest stop. Upon arrival, at the jetty of the Lemanak River, proceed by motorized longboat traveling upriver to reach the longhouse. The upriver trip will takes about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the water lever and during dry season, you might need to get down into the river to push the boat thru certain part of the river. Upon arrival at the longhouse, you will be welcomed by the villagers and proceed to check in to the longhouse. Afterwards, tour the longhouse with the tour guide and see the livelihood of the longhouse folks. Dinner will be prepared and served by the tour guide at the longhouse. After dinner, proceed to the ruai (verandah) of the longhouse to meet the headman and mingle with longhouse folk and also handover the gifts bought earlier at Serian Town. This is where you will learn about the cultures andlifestyle over a bottle or town of tuak (rice wine). Ngajat (traditional dances) will be performed where you are most welcomed to join the fun. Overnight at the longhouse.
After breakfast (prepared and served by guide), witness the blowpipe demonstration and cock fighting, a favourite pastimes of the natives of Sarawak. Afterwards, proceed for jungle walk and learn about edible and medicinal plants and also see how the natives set their animals trap. Afterwards, pack up and transfer by longboat back to jetty and the overland transfer to Kuching with lunch enroute at Lachau rest stop or at Serian Town. After that, you will proceed back to Kuching.
|HOTEL||TWIN / TRIPLE SHARING|
|IBAN LONGHOUSE (DORMITORY)||MYR 650BOOK|
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2019 (tour commencement date).
* The tourism tax is RM10 per room per night and is charged to guest who are not Malaysian nationals or permanent residents holding a MyPR card. This tax will be collected upon check out.
* Surcharge applied during Hotel High Season ( 01 JULY – 31 AUG 2019 ), Christmas, New Year Eve, Chinese New Year, Labour Day, Hari Raya Puasa, Gawai and other festive seasons.
- Rates Include:
- 1 night stay at Iban Longhouse ( Dormitory )
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunch & 1 dinner
- All transfers & tours as stated in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Tipping, Optional tours, Travel insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Swim Wear, Sun Lotion, Raincoat, Torchlight, insect repellent , Own drinking bottle and First aid kit.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.